Robert J. Metli
Mr. Metli was born in Queens, New York 1963.
Mr. Metli graduated from St. John’s University, Jamaica, New York in 1994, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice.
In 1997, Mr. Metli graduated from St. John’s School of Law, Jamaica, New York. .
After law school, Mr. Metli work for the State of Arizona at the Arizona Corporation Commission from 1998-2001. In 2001, Mr. Metli entered private practice. .
Mr. Metli is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Arizona. .
Mr. Metli has extensive experience in the areas of Public Utilities, Natural Resources, Water Rights, Administrative Law, Environmental Law, Energy Law, Municipal Law, Commercial Litigation (including Construction Litigation), Commercial Transactions, Planning and Zoning Law, Contract Disputes; Landlord/Tenant Disputes, Employment Disputes, Lemon Law, and Trust and Estate Planning.
Representative Litigation Cases
- Successfully litigated numerous civil and commercial litigation matters.
- Successfully defended multinational sporting-equipment company in product-liability action.
- Successfully litigated numerous rate applications for various electric and water utilities in front of the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Prepared numerous estate plans for clients, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney and healthcare powers of attorney/living wills.
- Advised and represented numerous clients regarding Arizona Landlord Tenant Act.
- Advised and represented numerous clients regarding Arizona Lemon Law.
- State bar of Arizona
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Yuma Valley Land Co., LLC v. City of Yuma, 256 P.3d 625 (Ariz. Ct. App. 2011)
Honors and Publications
- Award for Excellence in Brief Writing, Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy, Finalist for the Samuel M. Fegtly Oral Advocacy Competition (2022)
- President: Medical Law Society (2021)
- Vice President: Medical Law Society (2020)