Thomas A. Denker
Mr. Denker was born in Tucson, Arizona, in 1968.
He graduated from the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, in 1990, with bachelor’s degrees in History and in Soviet Studies.
In 1995, Mr. Denker graduated magna cum laude from the University of Arizona College of Law, where he was awarded the prestigious Order of the Coif, held a Charles Ares Fellowship, and served as Executive Note Editor for the Arizona Law Review.
Following law school, Mr. Denker served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Noel A. Fidel at Division One of Arizona Court of Appeals, and then served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable James M. Marlar, Chief Judge (retired) of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona.
He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Arizona.
Mr. Denker has extensive experience in the areas of complex civil litigation, business litigation, probate litigation, real-estate litigation, secured transactions, election law, business transactions, and appeals.
He has been recognized repeatedly as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
Honors and Publications
- Best Lawyers in America
- Tucson Top Lawyers
- Order of the Coif
- University of Arizona Charles Ares Fellow
- Executive Note Editor, Arizona Law Review
- Lawyers and Limited Liability for Arizona’s Professionals: Deliverance or Damnation?, 37 Ariz. L.Rev. 355
- Barton Prieve v. Flying Diamond Airpark, LLC, ___Ariz.___,___P3d___(App. 2021)
- In re The Shaheen Trust, 236 Ariz. 498, 341 P.3d 1169 (App. 2015)
- Qwest v. City of Chandler, 222 Ariz. 474, 217 P.3d 424 (App. 2009) (Amicus Curiae)
Representative Matters Handled by Mr. Denker
- Successfully litigated multimillion-dollar real-estate dispute involving several multinational entities.
- Successfully defended multinational sporting-equipment company in product-liability action.
- Successfully defended numerous high-value estates and their fiduciaries in litigation alleging mismanagement and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully prosecuted professional-liability claims on behalf of nationwide marketing entity.
- Successfully defended numerous candidates in election challenges before the trial courts and the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Obtained large jury verdict for client in protracted land-use litigation.
- Obtained large jury verdict for client in contract litigation.
- Successfully prosecuted numerous appeals from trial-court judgments.